What Pediatricians Should Know Before Studying Gut Microbiota.
Drago L, Panelli S, Bandi C, Zuccotti G, Perini M, D'Auria E
J Clin Med. Aug 2019
COMMENT: This review is oriented to help the pediatricians to manage and interpret microbiome studies.
The review discusses the characteristics of microbome at birth, during the first years and during infancy until adolescence.
This work also reviews important issues to be considered for microbiome analysis:
- study design and inclusion/exclusion criteria
- sample collection: storage, different sampling methods
- basic terminology of molecular approaches
- bioinformatics data analysis
- clinical interpretation of results